Friday, January 18, 2008

WOW I HIT PAYDIRT!!!


This week I hit Paydirt!!! Yesterday I was passing my local op shop which is usually closed during the school holidays. Anyways I was OPEN so I popped back during my lunch break.
And BOY was I glad I DID!?!? There sitting in a pile of blankets were these two beauties. Now I just love vintage quilts and these are GORGEOUS!!! I even lost my car keys momentarily as I happy danced to pay for them :)) Luckily I found them quickly. Oooh they are in such good condition ..just a bit grubby along the edges...but I don;t mind. And I had to hide them when I got them home...I have so many... I buy them so I can sell them on Ebay but I am keeping more and more and my family have labelled me a serial bowerbird......I guess its serious he he I can hardly get into my Ebay room :)) But I am keeping them BOTH....Yes I am......Don't you love them...I do...and did I say I'm keeping them...






















Then this morning I went to the local Senior Citizens Market. Its ok, lots of fruit and baked goods. But today someone was clearing out their sewing box...so I picked up more vintage ribbon, buttons and a couple of pretty vintage aprons......some will make it to Ebay but I am finding it harder and harder to part with these treasures....I think I am incurable :)) Photos to follow when I can find my camera amongst all my goodies.
Well have a GREAT weekend!!
Linda

6 comments:

Genevieve said...

Those are beautiful quilts! Yes you are more than welcome to join the swap,just email me and I will email more info! Have a great week!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Linda, Great find..they are gorgeous! I will have to keep my eye on what you have on ebay. I am mailing your swap package tomorrow. Don't look at my blog if you want to be suprised. I hope that you like everything. Susan

CatieAn said...

LINDALINDA

catie from catiean and co here!!!
i do NOT have your email and i left a message here on your blog last week and am STILLLLL waiting to here from you!!!!

You won my giveaway you won my giveaway please contact me
catie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ahhh dont ya just love it when you hit the jackpot with a great stash of goodies...but you cant appear too excited or the shop keeper will want to charge more next time ..LOL


xo
Shann

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Linda, just found out today that you have a blog. Looove the quilts, what a great find. I'm thinking I'd be keeping them too, you never know, it may suddenly start to snow - lol.
Cheers, Coll :-}

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

oh linda you lucky little ducklimng you i adooore those feather quilts.
i would keep em too
some things you just cant share.
Love all your stuff you are of course the best,your kindness and your talent at outting things together is amazing
Hugs
jules