Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tribute To Mum and Don




My beautiful Mother passed away on the 10th September two weeks short of her 82nd birthday. She had suffered from Alzheimers for many years prior and had been in a nursing home for the past 12 months. I was with her when she passed and feel priveleged and honoured to send her on her final journey. She was the strongest woman I know and has passed her quiet strength to both her daughters and also to her grandaughters. All I know is that when I left home and had a family of my own, she was always happy to see me and always sad to see me go. I always knew I was loved through my life and for that I have to thank her. Regardless of what hardships she was going through and there were plenty of those in her life, she always thought of her children first. I also want ot pay tribute to my stepfather, Don who took on someone who had been so badly hurt by my father and made the last 25 years of her life so much better. No mistaking ,they also had their ups and downs but his quiet stability was so good for her. During the last years especially he was absolutely devoted and as time passed did everything for her. Don, you are a wonderful man and you can count on me to make sure your wished are carried out.
So to celebrate her life I would like to share a few photos. Safe journey, Mum, God Speed until we meet again...........I hope that you have found your memories...............Linda



1 comment:

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

what a lovely tribute to a special mum.My Dad passed two years ago on the 1st september so my heart goes out to you.