Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Kitchen And A New Blog Site

Hi! Its been a while since my last post, busy , busy with work and lots of trips away. But the sweet girls on my group have been swapping photos of our kitchens so seeing I took time to tidy and I must say it took some time. I thought I would share these photos....now before you take a look...our house is nearly 100 years old and the kitchen is old...not quite 100 years but has not had any major work since the 60s...I have painted and fiddled a bit about 8 years ago but we need a new kitchen badly. When we moved in the cupboards were a sexy 60s orange, the previous owner had updated the benchtops to a brown laminate...you get the picture.....anyways here it is....ta tah......


Its very blue and yellow. I do love blue and white china. Its a country kitchen and I must say I have loads of space to work. I love the top cabinet. I have everything that I use everyday on it so don't need cupboard space. The only thing I don't like is we have no pantry...can get a bit frustrating....I'm so glad you can't see the cobwebs on the window.....



This is not such a great picture....I have a new camera and it takes some very yellow photos....must have a look at it....but a few years ago I added the shelf to the top of the alcove....I though it made it look really good and I guess I still do......great excuse to buy more blue and white stuff.....these alcoves are quite common in old queenslanders....it used to house the wood stove and you can still see where the chimney hole was patched up.....good space for big fridge and stove...really would love one of those stainless steel cooks stoves with the double ovens...
well I need to get a move on and get to work..its Monday morning and there is a whole weeks worth of work to do :)
Oh and why don't you stop by our groups new blog...http://prettychickitchens@blogspot.com...

Take Care
Linda

PS I got the prettiest and heaviest vintage wallpaper border at the market on Saturday. Need to take a photo to show off. And you can see some of my other buys on Ebay this week. My seller name is Raspberry*roses. Check them out.........

No comments: