Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome To My World

I'm home! Back from my Conference. It was very full on but alot of fun. I caught up with some great people. Forgot to take photos. I could kick myself. I left the camera in my car and just kept forgetting to take it out!!!
So I thought I would give you a peek into my world. The area I live in is blooming at the moment. We have had more rain over the summer than in the past 5-6 years. So everything is sooooo green. I live in the country and my neighbours are growing sunflowers...don't you love them? I do.....took these photos from my car today...



I love sunflowers!!




This is the road that leads to my house.



The view on the other side of the road from the sunflowers. It reminds me of a parchwork quilt.




Don't you just love this gorgeous red barn. They use it to store peanuts!




This orchard is just down the road and they grow persimmons on those vines. If you look real close you can see the orangy coloured fruit amongst the vines. They are yummy! and are exported to Asia.



This is my driveway with a peep of my house.



My roses are spectacular this year. The recent rain has produced this late bloom.



I believe these are peace roses. Just gorgeous and they smell amazing!!

So this is my world I hope you enjoyed the ride.

Linda


3 comments:

Country Wishes said...

Gorgeous pictures Linda, all so picturesque.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Linda
You won my 100th post giveaway...CONGRATULATIONS!!...pop over to my blog so you can leave your postal address. I think you sound like you need a little pressie so I'm very glad you won
xo

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

get ideas for your swap and how gorgeous is your present from gail and how gorgeous is your hpuse and driveway and and and i ave never eaten a persimmon what are they like.So many questions i love your roses and i am babbling so i will go now !
Hugs
Jues